Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which Providence Academy (Providence Ministries, Inc.) is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that we will purposefully and clearly teach to our students in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine at Providence Academy. Secondary doctrines and issues that are not essential to biblical Christianity will not be presented as primary doctrine. Secondary doctrines (e.g. modes of baptism or charismatic gifts) may be discussed in various classes, but the school will not take dogmatic positions. When these types of doctrines arise, students will be referred back to their families and local churches for final authority.
1. We believe the Bible alone to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
5. We believe the biblical account of the creation of the physical universe, angels, and man; that this account is neither allegory nor myth, but a literal, historical account of the direct, immediate creative acts of God without any evolutionary process; that man was created by a direct work of God and not from previously existing forms of life; and that all men are descended from the historical Adam and Eve, first parents of the entire human race. Genesis 1, 2; Colossians 1:16-17, John 1:3
6. We believe that the Bible clearly states that marriage is only between one man and one woman. Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 2:21-24 and Matthew 19:4-6.
7. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone.
8. We believe that faith without works is dead.
9. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
10. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
11. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.