Proven Academic Excellence
Intentionally rigorous, holistically Christ-centered, undeniably successful in educating Pre-K – 12th students and preparing Godly leaders
Teaching students, not only subjects…
Our teachers love their subjects, and they’re passionate about helping your children love them too and become who God made them to be, with small class sizes to connect individually.
Becoming virtuous people, not only capable learners…
Our students are held to high academic standards through a rigorous education, but more importantly, they’re taught character and virtue that’ll shape them for life.
Growing Christian unity, not shallow friendships…
Our private school environment fosters deep God-honoring relationships through the House System, Parent-Teacher Fellowship, Bible studies, prayer groups, and more.
Raising leaders, not cogs in an economy…
Our Latin/Greek, Theology, Fine Art and Leadership courses supplement the top local “reading, writing and ‘rithmetic” education — all with the goal of preparing Godly leaders.
By the Numbers
Average graduate ACT score (national average 21)
Average CLT Score (National Average 65)
Better Life Outcomes Classical Christian Alumni Report vs. 5 Other School Models
the Academic Rigor
“The outcome of a classically educated student is often hard to quantify but the difference is more than noticeable. Not only do employers and colleges notice, but so do graduate schools. The thing that convinced me of Providence Academy’s academic superiority was the medical school acceptance I gained prior to graduating from Providence. A feat that is usually accomplished after college. I contribute my acceptance to Providence Academy and the classical method.”
Zach Jung, Graduate
What Differentiates Providence Academics?
- Logic (7th-9th) and Rhetoric (10th-12th) stages in Trivium framework
- Latin and Greek core, plus other foreign language options
- In-depth Bible/Theology core, including OT/NT Surveys, Worldview, and Apologetics
- Band, Choir and Fine Art core, including Music History and Art History
- Custom electives for Juniors and Seniors
About Providence Academics
- Junior Kindergarten (4K): Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
- Half-Day Kindergarten: Monday – Friday
- Kindergarten: Monday – Friday Full School Day
- 1st – 6th Grade: Monday – Friday Full School Day
- 7th – 12th Grade: Monday – Friday Full School Day
Providence Academy is proud of its academic focus. Students are here to learn and each grade prepares for the next. It is our goal that all 1st graders enter the year with the ability to read and do simple arithmetic. We would not be able to achieve this without an academic Kindergarten.
No, any hard-working student will thrive at Providence. We believe in setting standards that will stretch students to reach their fullest potential — intellectually and spiritually. We regret that it is too often the case that “Christian school” and “academic rigor” do not live under the same roof. At Providence Academy, we are committed to an instructional program that promotes both academic excellence and spiritual depth. That being said, most students adjust well to Providence. We serve many students with a range of academic abilities, and thanks to our small class sizes, we can adjust to each student’s learning style and speed. Work ethic, rather than intelligence, is the more critical factor toward success at Providence.
- Providence adheres to the following grading scale (Grades 1 and 2 use both grading scales):
Grading Key for K-2 Grading Key for 1-12 O = Outstanding – exceeding expectations 90-100 = A – Outstanding performance S = Satisfactory – meeting expectations 80-89 = B – Above average I = Improvement has been shown. Continued time, effort and practice needed 70-79 = C – Average 60-69 = D – Below average U = Unsatisfactory – needs to improve -59 = F – Unsatisfactory progress
Latin instruction is offered in the 3rd through 9th grade at Providence Academy. We believe there are at least 5 solid reasons for classical language study in our school:
- Latin reveals a great deal about English and greatly enhances the student’s powers of expression in his or her native language.
- Latin develops and deepens the student’s understanding of and appreciation for literature.
- Latin provides an understanding of the classical impact on our modern culture.
- Latin trains the student in the essentials of scientific method: observation, comparison, and generalization.
- Latin provides a wonderful foundation for the study of other languages.
Logic is the foundation of all analytic thinking and is core to the Classical Education method. By studying the formal principles of logic, students are prepared to critically dissect the assumptions, statements, and conclusions of any subject. We live in a complex world with a broad spectrum of worldviews. We want our students to be able to rationally appraise any argument they encounter.
Upgrade to Academic Excellence
Get an even better feel for the area’s best combination of academic rigor and spiritual depth when you visit our campus and explore our classroom environment.